Friday, November 6, 2009

Moonstone by Marilee Brothers

Brothers, Marilee. Moonstone. Memphis, TN: Bell Bridge Books, 2008. (ARC provide by Publisher)

Allie has enough problems dealing with her mom (and her imagined illness) and trying to survive high school. She didn’t want or need paranormal powers. But she’s got them along with a hippie of a spirit guide and a necklace that evil people covet. With unlikely help from Junior Martinez (reformed gang member) Allie tries to protect herself, the necklace, and her friend and family.

What I thought: This was a quick, enjoyable read. Fans of Twilight should definitely check out the Unbidden Magic series. Allie and Junior are the reverse of Bella and Edward. Allie has the powers and Junior is perfectly normal. I liked the fast pace of the narrative and that the book was plot driven.

2 comments:

Deborah Brown Smith said...

Hey, Bridget! Thank you so much for the review. I can't find my contact info for you. I'd like to send you the sequel to Moonstone, MOON RISE. I just need a mailing addie or email if you prefer a pdf.
All best, Deb Smith, Editor, Bell Bridge. editor@bellebooks.com

Bridget R. Wilson said...

I have the sequel. My review of it will post on the 13th. I'll send you my contact info again. Thanks!