Monday, April 26, 2010

Falling Down the Page: A Book of List Poems edited by Georgia Heard

Did you ever think a simple list could be a poem? Well, it can. This collection demonstrates the numerous ways.

What I thought: The list poem is going to be one of my new favorite forms. It’s so simple, but can be used in so many ways. My favorite poems are:

“On the Menu for School Today” by Rebecca Kai Dotlich
“Things To Do If You Are a Pencil” by Elaine Magliano
“Booktime” by Avis Harley
“Just Look” by Valiska Gregory
“Walking Home from School I See” by Rebecca Kai Dotlich


I'm pleased to say that I won a copy of this collection from Elaine at Wild Rose Reader. She's offering a poetry book giveaway for each week of National Poetry Month. I'll be donating my copy of Falling Down the Page to my local public library. I want children to discover the magic that is poetry.

(New York: Roaring Brook Press, 2009)

No comments: