Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my faithful readers! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, fun, and food. (How's that for alliteration?)

As today is a holiday, there won't be a Beatrix Potter Reading Project Post. I'll be back on Thursday, December 2 discussing The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes. You'll find an update on the project here.

I'm going to share my favorite Thanksgiving Book with you. It's Run, Turkey, Run! by Diane Mayr (Illustrated by Laura Rader, Walker Books, 2007). This is a great story time book because the kids can help you say "Run, turkey, run!" I also like the optimistic ending. The turkey's still running. We don't know if he gets caught, but I like to think he doesn't.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: