Friday, April 1, 2011

A Pig Parade Is A Terrible Idea by Michael Ian Black

A pig parade is a great idea. What? Are you sure about that? I think a pig parade is a terrible idea. Let me tell you why.

What I thought: This book is as entertaining as Black's others (Chicken Cheeks & The Purple Kangaroo). I like how the narrator tries to convince the reader that a pig parade is, indeed, a terrible idea. A Pig Parade Is A Terrible Idea is a humorous book that will appeal to readers of all ages. I love the illustrations. They are so colorful and realistic. My favorites are the pig parade and the panda parade. Dare I hope that there will be a sequel to this book all about pandas?

Story Time Themes: Pigs, Michael Ian Black, Silly Books

(Illus. Kevin Hawkes. Simon & Schuster, 2010)

No comments: