Friday, May 13, 2011

#FlannelFriday: Five Little Airplanes


I'll preface this by saying my airplanes aren't flannel, but crocheted with magnets attached. When I have the time, I like to crochet pieces for my magnet board. Airplanes would be very easy to make out of felt. Lots easier than crocheting them, I'm starting to realize. When I did an airplane themed story time in November, I couldn't find any rhymes I liked so I wrote my own. I hope you like them!



This little airplane (UP)
This little airplane flew to Africa & picked up a lion
This little airplane went to China & took tea with a panda bear
This little airplane flew to Australia & boxed a round with a kangaroo
This little airplane went to the South Pole & swam with some penguins
This little airplane flew to South America & met a llama named Mama

Where should our planes do now & what should they do while they’re there?

[written by Bridget R. Wilson]


Five Little Airplanes (DOWN)
Five Little Airplanes flying in formation
One flew north to Alaska, met a moose & then there were 4
Four little airplanes whizzing around
One flew south to Mexico to dance the flamenco with a Chihuahua
& then there were 3
Three Little airplanes playing tag
One flew east to England to take tea with the queen
& then there were 2
Two little airplanes following each other
One flew west to California to be a movie star
& then there was one
One little airplane running low on fuel
He flew back to base & then there were none!
[written by Bridget R. Wilson]

3 comments:

Mollie Kay said...

What a great idea! I was trying to find one that would incorporate different countries, so I'll have to use it. Thanks!

Anne said...

AMAZING!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Mollie Kay, I'm glad you like the rhyme. You can change up the countries, continents, or states you use to fit the countries you'll be visiting during summer reading. You could also adapt the rhymes to suit any mode of transportation: boats, hot air balloons, etc.

Thanks, Anne!