Monday, May 30, 2011

The Jellybeans & the Big Book Bonanza by Laura Numeroff & Nate Evans

The Jellybeans (Bitsy, Emily, Anna, & Nicole) return in another adventure. Anna with the help of the librarian shows her friends that even though they don't really like books, there is a book for them.

What I thought: I like the Jellybeans. I love that their second adventure deals with books and reading. I like that Anna's book turns out to be a book of fairy tales. Calling book reports a book bonanza is an interesting idea. The illustrations are classic Munsinger--lovely! My favorite illustrations are Anna reading in a chair, Anna reading in the bathtub, and the Jellybeans as princesses. I look forward to the Jellybeans' next Adventure: The Jellybeans and the Big Camp Kickoff.

Like Laura Numeroff, my favorite jellybean flavor is buttered popcorn. :)

(Illus. Lynn Munsinger. Abrams, 2010)

No comments: