Saturday, May 14, 2011

Otis & Sydney and the Best Birthday Ever by Laura Numeroff

From the moment Otis and Sydney first meet, they are best friends. They like the same things and have so much fun together. Otis plans the best ever birthday party for Sydney, but things don't go as planned.

What I thought: I love Laura Numeroff and I love this new book. Otis and Sydney are lovable characters. Their friendship is wonderful. The illustrations are lovely. I like the mix of full page and vignettes. The colors are muted yet appealing. The shading work with the pen is well done. My favorite illustrations are Otis's dream of the party and the two friends smiling at the end of the story. I hope to see more stories and these two friends.

Story Time Themes: Friendship, Birthday, Bears

(Illus. Dan Andreason. Abrams, 2010)

No comments: