Friday, November 25, 2011

Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances edited by Trisha Telep

Summary from Amazon.com: Dark, urban fantasies come to life in the newest collection of Steampunk stories, Corsets & Clockwork. Young heroes and heroines battle evils with the help of supernatural or super-technological powers, each individual story perfectly balancing historical and fantastical elements. Throw in epic romances that transcend time, and this trendy, engrossing anthology is sure to become another hit for the fast-growing Steampunk genre!

What I thought: This is a collection that will likely appeal to a wide audience. I loved the editor's explanation of steampunk romance in the introduction. As with all collections, there were some stories I liked and others I didn't. My favorites are "Wild Magic" by Ann Aguire, "Deadwood" by Michael Scott, "The Airship Gemini" by Jaclyn Dolamore, and "Tick, Tick, Boom" by Kiersten White.

(RP Teens, 2011)

No comments: