Monday, November 28, 2011

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin

Pete the Cat has brand-new white shoes. Walking down the street, they change colors as he steps into various things. But that doesn't upset Pete. He just keeps on walking and singing.

What I thought: I liked it. The story (AKA song) flows well and the illustrations are great. Pete is especially cute. I can see so many uses for Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes in story time. I also love how Pete doesn't get upset. I think Pete might be a hippie.

Story Time Themes: Music, Colors (White, Red, Blue, Brown), Emotions (Pete doesn't get upset!)

The sequel Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes will be a great addition to my kindergarten/school story time. I'd pair it with If You Take a Mouse to School and Is Your Buffalo Ready for Kindergarten?

(Illus. James Dean. Harper, 2008)

No comments: