Friday, January 20, 2012

Pies & Prejudice by Heather Vogel Frederick

Mother-Daughter Book Club #5

The Mother-Daughter Book Club faces another challenge this year when Emma and her family move to England for the year. To keep book club going, the girls (and moms) decide to read Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. Emma will join the discussions via video conference. Megan develops a snarky fashionista blog that gets her noticed in all the right and wrong ways. Cassidy lives through her own personal Pride & Prejudice when Tristan Berkley takes an aversion to her. Jess decides to concentrate on her singing. The stateside girls decide Emma needs to come home for spring break. To raise money for the plane ticket, they come up with Pies & Prejudice, a baking company.

What I thought: This series continues to delight me. The girls' struggles are perfectly at pace with their ages. I loved the tension between Cassidy and Tristan. It seemed to me that less time was spent on the discussion of the book club book in Pies & Prejudice. What I liked most is that I guessed right as to what book they were going to read. See this post and that post for my guess and then my revelation.

(Simon & Schuster, 2010)

No comments: