Friday, February 24, 2012

#FlannelFriday: Five Little Teeth

I couldn't let February slip by without giving a shout out for National Children's Dental Health Month. I'm lucky enough to have a sister who is a dental hygienist. She always wants me to do a teeth story time in February.

As you can see from the picture above, my teeth magnets are crocheted. Now that I've discovered the joys of felt, I know how easy these would be to make out of felt.

I couldn't find any rhymes so I wrote my own. I asked my sister for advice as to what's good and bad for teeth. Expect groans when you use "This little tooth doesn't like..." and a chorus of "But I like..."

Five Little Teeth
5 little teeth in my mouth
Bit into a peppermint & then there were 4
4 little teeth in my mouth
Got stuck in a caramel apple & then there were 3
3 little teeth in my mouth
Went wobble, wobble, wobble & then there were 2
2 little teeth in my mouth
Lost one on the playground & then there was 1
1 little tooth in my mouth
So lonely, it fell out & then there were NONE!

This Little Tooth
This little tooth likes apples
This little tooth likes broccoli
This little tooth likes cheese
This little tooth likes nuts
This little tooth likes carrots

This Little Tooth
This little tooth doesn’t like cotton candy
This little tooth doesn’t like suckers
This little tooth doesn’t like soda
This little tooth doesn’t like chips
This little tooth doesn’t like caramels

5 comments:

Storytime Fun said...

LM*O! Your teeth are adorable! I'll bet your storytime friends had lots of stories to tell about their own teeth and about visits to the dentist. Great job!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Storytime Fun! Yes, they did. Almost all of them told me about their cavities. :)

Shawn said...

You just made dental health so much more fun. It reminded me a rhyme I used called Sticky Vicky. Everything that sticks to her is also bad for your teeth. Can't wait to use your great ideas!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Shawn!

Corina Turner said...

Good rhyming - the Five Little Teeth is the most interesting among the three. Your dental hygienist sister must be really proud of you. BTW, Where did you stick those teeth magnets? What a delightful sight to see.