Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The House of 12 Bunnies by Caroline Stills & Sarcia Stills-Blott

It's almost bedtime, but Sophia has misplaced something. She searches the whole house. Each room has lots of stuff as 12 bunnies live there. Will Sophia find what she's looking for before bedtime?

What I thought: Such a cute book. I like the story. I think children will enjoy finding all the things named on each page. I might read this book twice during story time--once all the way through and a second time pausing for my story time kids to locate the items. I loved finding out what Sophia was looking for, but I won't give it away here. The illustrations are cute. I like the soft lines and pastel colors. I love how they all show action and movement. My favorite is where they're all in bed. When I first read The House of 12 Bunnies, I thought it would be perfect for my Stuffed Animal Sleepover during the Summer Reading Program. I've used it once thus far and it seemed to flop. I think I'll try it again this week.

(Illus. Judith Rossell. Holiday House, 2012)

No comments: