Wednesday, August 1, 2012

SRP Week 6 Reflection

Another busy week this week, but there are only 2 more weeks of the Summer Reading Program left. This week I presented 13 programs with an attendance of 245.




I was very pleased with how my Dreams & Wishes preschool story time went. I didn't change anything as the week progressed. (I did shorten it sometimes to just the flannel story and the last book if time was short.) The kids loved my flannel version of The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle. They laughed and laughed as he made his wishes. Old Bear by Kevin Henkes is a beautiful book. I can't wait to use it again. I think I might have an all Henkes story time in the spring.

The Dreamers & Doers school age event went well, but it was rather short. I only read 1 book, the kids all told what they wanted to be when they grow up, and then we did the drawing activity. I enjoyed learning more about Jane Goodall.

I used the same agenda for my 3rd Stuffed Animal Sleepover as I did for the 2nd. It worked great, but seemed a little short. I may add another book or activity to bump it up to a full 30 minutes. This sleepover may end up having the highest attendance. Eight kids brought animals to the sleepover. Here's a link to the pictures.

Only 2 more weeks to go! The summer has flown by and I'm honestly ready for a little break. Next week is going to be busy with the usual preschool story times and school age events as well as a Stuffed Animal Sleepover (the last of the summer), a teen event, and a tween event. The Summer Reading Program ends next week at one of my branches because the children will be back in school the week after.

No comments: