Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Huff & Puff: Can You Blow Down the Houses of the Three Little Pigs? by Claudia Rueda

In an ingeniously simple retelling of "The Three Little Pigs," Claudia Rueda makes the story interactive for readers.

What I thought: I think Tullet's Press Here has started a trend. Interactive picture books are becoming quite prevalent. I really like her take on "The Three Little Pigs." I would have loved to have had this book when I did a fractured fairy tales program during the summer reading program this year. I'll be adding Huff & Puff to my "Three Little Pigs" book list. The illustrations are great. I love all the pen and ink detail. I can't pick a favorite. Two more things I love about this book: No wolf because the readers and listeners are the wolf and a surprise ending.

Story Time Themes: Fractured Fairy Tales, Interactive Books, The Three Little Pigs

(Abram's Appleseed, 2012)

No comments: