Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ten Little Caterpillars by Bill Martin, Jr.

Summary from Dust Jacket: Ten little caterpillars are on the move. Come on and join them....you might even meet a butterfly!

What I thought: This book is great. The text is simple yet appealing. The illustrations are great--such bold, bright colors and good use of white space. I'm becoming quite a fan of Lois Ehlert's style. I also like the labels in the plants and animals. This book will be enjoyed, but beyond that it will be a great way to teach preschool kids about nature. I can't decide on a favorite illustration, but I do admire all the purple flowers. I love the additional information at the end of the book about caterpillars.

Story Time Themes: Spring, Caterpillars, Butterflies

(Illus. Lois Ehlert. Beach Lane Books, 2011)

No comments: