Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Far West by Patricia C. Wrede

Frontier Magic #3

Eff is still a thirteenth child although she thinks less of it now. She perfecting and practicing her magic daily. Her job at the college menagerie keeps her occupied but not much more. Her mind often wanders beyond the Great Barrier spell. When the government organizes an expedition into the Far West, Eff longs to go. As luck (or fate) would have it, Professor Torgeson asks her to come as her assistant. As with her other journeys, Eff helps prevent another disaster.

What I thought: Just as riveting as the first two books in the series. Eff definitely comes into her own in this last book. She's never conventional which I applaud. I liked the ending. I'm just sad that the series has ended. I've never read a book by Patricia C. Wrede that I didn't like. In fact, I'm re-reading her Enchanted Forest Chronicles right now.

Other Books in the Frontier Magic Series (links to my reviews):
1. Thirteenth Child
2. Across the Great Barrier

(Scholastic, 2012)

No comments: