Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Raven Cycle #1

Blue Sargent is going to kill her true love. At least that's what everyone keeps telling her. Living in a family of psychics isn't easy. Despite the numerous repetitive warnings and her own views about the boys who attend the local private school, Blue finds herself drawn into a group of Raven Boys--Gansey, Adam, Ronan, and Noah.

What I thought: The Raven Boys is definitely like nothing Maggie's ever written before...at least I think so and I've read everything. I find myself missing the multiple points-of-view she used with her other books. There wasn't as much action as I would expect in a first book. It also didn't have the ending I expected, but that's the author's prerogative. Blue and Gansey's relationship is still young. I don't think they've even hit romance yet. I'll definitely be reading the next book. I expect big things to happen. Hand this to fans of Maggie as well as paranormal fiction readers who are looking for something different.

Other Books by Maggie Stiefvater (links to my reviews):
Lament
Ballad
Shiver
Linger
Forever
The Scorpio Races

(Scholastic, 2012)

No comments: