Thursday, April 11, 2013

Follow Follow: A Book of Reverso Poems by Marilyn Singer

Companion to Mirror Mirror

Marilyn Singer returns with another poetry collections that show 2 different sides to every story.

The Poems: Fairy Tales; Your Wish Is My Command; Birthday Suit; Silly Goose; Ready, Steady, Go!; Will the Real Princess Please Stand Up; The Little Mermaid's Choice; Panache; Follow Follow; No Bigger Than Your Thumb; Can't Blow This House Down; The Nightingale's Emperor; On With the Dance; and Now It's Time to Say Good Night

The Tales: Aladdin, The Emperor's New Clothes, The Golden Goose, The Tortoise & the Hare, The Princess & the Pea, The Little Mermaid, Puss in Boots, The Pied Piper of Hamelin, Thumbelina, The Three Little Pigs, The Nightingale, The Twelve Dancing Princesses

What I Thought: I really love the reverso poetry form that Marilyn Singer created. One day, I'll be brave enough to try it for myself. Her second collection of reverso poems was as wonderful as her first. My favorite poems are Fairy Tales; Ready, Steady, Go!; and No Bigger Than Your Thumb. The illustrations are gorgeous--such bright colors. My favorites are Fairy Tales, No Bigger Than Your Thumb, and Now It's Time to Say Good Night.

(Illus. Josee Masse. Dial, 2013)

No comments: