Friday, May 10, 2013

#FlannelFriday: What Would You Give As a Gift?

This is a found flannel set. I first used it for a Mother's Day story time a few years ago. I pulled one of each of my crocheted magnets from my five little whatever sets. During story time, I ask the kids what they would give their moms as a present. Some of my suggestions are silly (a turkey) while others are perfect gift options (cupcake, cookie, flower). I love getting reactions from the kids. I haven't tried this with the flannel board yet, but you can pull out anything you have and use for this activity. I've also used this activity for a grandparents story time. It would work well for a friendship story time and a birthday story time.

 


2 comments:

amanjohn said...

I always swipe things from other sets! I love this idea!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Amanda!