Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Reading Week 4

This week I had 24 events with a total attendance of 492.

Here's a breakdown of the week:
  • 5 community story times
  • 4 community school age events
  • 2 day camp story times
  • 8 day camp school age events
  • 2 movies
  • 2 special events (last 2 Peter Rabbit Parties)
This week the story time theme was Getting Dirty. The school age event theme was Dig Into the Earth--Rocks.  Links are to my wiki for full agendas. The Getting Dirty theme was fun and I enjoyed using my clean & dirty pigs. Here's a fun fact for you: I was so enthusiastic in applying the brown paint to dirty my pigs that it bled through to the other side and I had to add another piece of felt to cover it up. Loved using the "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Read We Go" game suggested my the CSLP manual with my older kids. Playing it made me want to read fairy tales and watch fairy tale films. We played a life size version. Each space was an 8.5x11 piece of paper. Depending on the number of kids we either played in groups or as individuals.

The last two Peter Rabbit Parties had small attendances (10 kids and 13 adults total), but everyone had a great time. I might even try the program again in the spring. A Peter Rabbit Party post will be coming your way next week.

Next week will be an easy week with only 8 events owing to the holiday and my day camp groups being on break. I'm looking forward to a 4 day weekend.

No comments: