Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Reading Week 6

This week I had 21 events with a total attendance of 416.  Day camp groups were back in session this week.

Here's a breakdown of the week:
  • 5 community story times
  • 4 community school age events
  • 1 day camp story time
  • 9 day camp school age events
  • 2 movies
This week the story time theme was Underground Insects. I really liked reading One Hundred Hungry Ants by Elinor J. Pinczes. The kids really liked marching around the room with "The Ants Go Marching" playing. The school age event theme was Insects Underground. The games suggested by the CSLP manual (Ant Toss & Longest Worm Relay) were a hit. I substituted black rocks for plastic ants.

Next week, I have 22 events. These include my 1st Alice in Wonderland Event for ages 7-12, a teen movie night, and 2 performances by a comedian/juggler.

No comments: