Monday, March 3, 2014

My First Day by Steve Jenkins & Robin Page

You probably don't remember anything about the day you were born, but you were probably helpless. Some animals are born helpless like human babies while others are quite self-sufficient from the moment they're born. You'll learn about 22 animal babies in My First Day

What I thought: I'm a big fan of Steve Jenkins & Robin Page. Their newest book is great--perfect for sharing with preschoolers. I love the mix of animals--those kids will be familiar with as well as the more exotic. As always the illustrations are wonderful. Cut paper collage is one of my favorite mediums. The extra information at the end of the book will extend the learning experience.

Storytime Themes: Animals, Baby Animals, Nonfiction

(Houghton Mifflin, 2012)

No comments: