Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Divergent Party for Teens

I hosted a Divergent Party to celebrate the release of the movie.

Teens took a faction quiz as they arrived. (This was partly for fun and partly to sort them into teams for a later game.)

I plated Veronica Roth's Divergent Playlist during the party.

From here on, I had an activity for each faction.

For Abnegation, we talked about our volunteer experiences.a

For Erudite, we played Divergent Trivia (Jeopardy style).

For Dauntless, we gave each other temporary tattoos. Teens really liked this...helped them get ready to attend the movie premiere the next day.
 

For Amity, we made Faction Duct Tape Bracelets. 

For Candor, we played Would You Rather...? and Truth or Dare. I found suggestions for both games via Pinterest.

And of course, what party would be complete without Faction Refreshments. Here's what I served:



  • Gummy worms & animal crackers (Amity)  
    Oreos (Candor) 
  •  Dark Chocolate Kisses (Erudite) 
  • Spicy Nacho Doritos, Cheddar JalapeƱo Crunchy Cheetos, & Cherry Sours (Dauntless)
  • cheese & crackers (Abnegation)
 
And for reference, here's my Pinterest Board for this event

No comments: