Friday, February 6, 2015

Flannel Friday: Party Prop...A Box with a Hole

I often include games in my special events. These special events include preschoolers. I like to use tossing type games to encourage  hand-eye coordination. A box with a hole has been one of the most useful props I've ever created. The possibilities are endless.

My box with a hole prop first made an appearance as a Feed the Monkey Game back in November 2012 when I hosted an Animal Antics Pajama Party.


When I was planning my Winnie-the-Pooh Party for January 2014, I found a fun game idea called "Bees in the Garden" and put my box with a hole to use again. This time I created a piece that just taped over the monkey.


While planning my Frozen Party in the fall, I found several mentions of a "Feed Sven" (or the reindeer) game. I knew my box with a hole would come to the rescue again. For this reincarnation, I covered the box with brown craft paper and added a sign below the hole. I had hoped to find a picture of Sven with his mouth open that would match (or almost match) the existing hole. No luck so I made it work another way. I just happened to have a crocheted carrot to make this game even better.


Librarians, do you have any other awesome suggestions for how to re-purpose my box with a hole?

I'm hosting this week's Flannel Friday Roundup.


Kelly is hosting the roundup next week on February 13.

Important Links:
Flannel Friday Blog
Flannel Friday on Pinterest
Flannel Friday on Facebook

Follow Flannel Friday on Twitter with the hashtag #flannelstorytime.
Our January/February Flannel Friday Fairy Godmother is Sharon


No comments: