Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sherlock Party for Teens

My teens love BBC's Sherlock and CBS's Elementary. So last fall, we had a Sherlock Party.

Like all my fandom events, this one included games, crafts, and food.

Refreshments included raspberry ginger ale, cranberry ginger ale, "MyKraft" cheese (although really it was Sargento's) with crackers, and cake donut holes. I found these suggestions on a Sherlock party site. Checkout my Sherlock Party Pinterest board to see more of my inspiration.







I had several options for games:
Sherlock (which is playing Clue & Jenga at the same time)
 

Sherlock Jeopardy (a lovely librarian named Beth Brogden shared it with me)
 
a scavenger hunt using quotes from BBC's Sherlock


For the scavenger hunt, I had the teens using our online catalog, but I think it might have been easier just to send them wandering around looking for the objects. Their prize was mystery flavor Dum Dum pops.

The craft was lotus flower origami.

I also had a book list and book display: "Do You Enjoy BBC's Sherlock & CBS's Elementary? Try These Books?"


Since I've had this event, I have discovered some color your own Sherlock & Watson bookmarks via Teen Think Tank on Facebook.

Sadly neither of the TV series are licensed by Movie Licensing USA. But the following films are: Sherlock Holmes (2009), Sherlock Holmes: A Game if Shadows, Young Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959 & 1981).

No comments: